The format for the 33rd Annual Friends of Golf Tournament will be a shotgun start, Modified Team Best Ball, as defined below:
- Each player will hit a tee shot.
- The team captain will select the best tee shot and each player will then play his own ball from that point to the completion of the hole.
- The team score on each hole shall be the one net best ball.
- In the interest of speed of play, a player should pick up when it is clear that his score will not be the net best ball on his team.
- Each player must use at least one tee shot.
- Team ties will be broken by the SCGA system.
- Team prizes for first, second and third in AM and PM flights will be awarded.
Tournament Format (and Course Rules)
- USGA Rules of Golf apply.
- Handicaps submitted with player registration will be used.
- Low handicap player in each group will captain each team and is responsible to compile the team score and turn the scorecard into the Bel Air pro shop immediately after the round of play.
- Local club rules are as posted on the back of the scorecard.
- Greens and cart fees are included in the tournament entry fees; however, each player is asked to pay his caddy a minimum of $25.00.
- Please observe the white lines or signs around the greens and tees restricting carts from these areas. Keep carts on the cart paths where possible.
- Please help by repairing your divots.
- Hole-In-One prizes will be awarded only to the first amateur who makes a hole-in-one on that hole, except for hole #3, where a provision of prize restoration applies. Professionals are not permitted to compete in contests.
- In the event of a hole-in one on any hole, the closest-to-hole contest will be a separate award.
- If there are any questions or rule disputes, Dave Podas and his staff will serve as the Rules Committee.